221. What is the first law of success?
222. How may we be of the most service?
Have an open mind; be interested in the race rather than the goal, in the pursuit rather than possession.
223. What is the result of a selfish thought?
It contains the germs of dissolution.
224. How will our greatest success be achieved?
By a recognition of the fact that it is just as essential to give as to receive.
225. Why do financiers frequently meet with great success?
Because they do their own thinking.
226. Why do the great majority in every country remain the docile and apparently willing tools of the few?
Because they let the few do all their thinking for them.
227. What is the effect of concentrating upon sorrow and loss?
More sorrow and more loss.
228. What is the effect of concentrating upon gain?
229. Is this principle used in the business world?
It is the only principle which is ever used, or ever can be used; there is no other principle. The fact that it may be used unconsciously does not alter the situation.
230. What is the practical application of this principle?
The fact that success is an effect, not a cause, and if we wish to secure the effect we must ascertain the cause, or idea or thought by which the effect is created.
Nurture your mind with great thoughts; to believe in the heroic makes heroes.