231. Upon what principle does the theory and practice of every system of Metaphysics in existence depend?
Upon a knowledge of the “Truth” concerning yourself and the world in which you life.
232. What is the “Truth” concerning yourself?
The real “I” or ego is spiritual and can therefore never be less than perfect.
233. What is the method of destroying any form of error?
To absolutely convince yourself of the “Truth” concerning the condition which you wish to see manifested.
234. Can we do this for others?
The Universal Mind in which “we live and move and have our being” is one and indivisible, it is therefore just as possible to help others as to help ourselves.
235. What is the Universal Mind?
The totality of all mind in existence.
236. Where is the Universal Mind?
The Universal Mind is omnipresent, it exists everywhere. There is no place where it is not. It is therefore within us. It is “The World within.” It is our spirit, our life.
237. What is the nature of the Universal Mind?
It is spiritual and consequently creative. It seeks to express itself in form.
238. How may we act on the Universal Mind?
Our ability to think is our ability to act on the Universal Mind and bring it into manifestation for the benefit of ourselves or others.
239. What is meant by thinking?
Clear, decisive, calm, deliberate, sustained thought with a definite end in view.
240. What will be the result?
You will also be able to say, “It is not I that doeth the works, but the ‘Father’ that dwelleth within me, He doeth the works.” You will come to know that the “Father” is the Universal Mind and that He does really and truly dwell within you, in other words, you will come to know that the wonderful promises made in the Bible are fact, not fiction, and can be demonstrated by anyone having sufficient understanding.
Temples have their sacred images, and we see what influence they have always had over a great part of mankind; but, in truth, the ideas and images in men’s minds are the invisible powers that constantly govern them; and to these they all pay universally a ready submission.